A Little About Me
This Is Me
i created the concept of Design Seeds in May of 2009 as a way to bring a unique approach to design blogging through my passion for color.
beginning in art school and throughout my design career, i have created color palettes while collecting inspiration in journals. Design Seeds are a modern interpretation of these original color journals.
my design experience extends beyond color. i graduated from the Center for Creative Studies with a BFA in Industrial Design. i have worked at companies including Ford, Reebok, & Timberland prior to "going on my own." through my consultancy Seed, i work with clients in a diversity of industries consulting on social media, brand, trend, color, and design.
it is a thrill to be able to share with you my journey and inspiration, thank you for exploring Design Seeds!
Frequently Asked Questions
- what is that color?
- if you are interested in knowing what a specific color is, you can read how to get the HEX codes and what you can do with that information in "what's that color?".
- what are the names of these colors?
- the colors i create for Design Seeds do not have names. color names (which are often created by marketing departments) do not have a universal match across brands, color systems, and commodities.
- what paint brand are these chips?
- the color swatches created for Design Seeds do not directly correspond with a paint brand or color specifier system.
- i love the glasses in this photo, where can i buy them?
- products seen in images are not from a retail website, and it is not known where photographers have purchased their props.
- i’m really bad at choosing colors, do you mind if i use some of your palettes?
- Design Seeds are meant to inspire, and you may apply the color combinations to your projects, home remodel, or wedding palette.
- what program do you use to make the palettes?
- all images are modified in Photoshop, and each palette swatch is mixed individually in Illustrator. to read more about my process, please check out "generating color?"
- can you create a palette using some of my favorite colors?
- Design Seeds are created as part of my continuous creative process. as a result, requests are not taken in creating palettes.
- can you help me choose a palette for my project (home or wedding)?
- although i would love to help all readers with their special projects or color challenges, i receive so many requests that i cannot consult on an individual basis.
- do you know of software where i can upload an image i like and a color palette is generated?
- i do not support or endorse using palette generating software to create color palettes. computer programs cannot create what the human eye, skill, and intuition can. if you would like to see this illustrated, please check out "generating color?"
- can i post Design Seeds palettes on my blog?
- yes. Design Seeds are copyrighted under the Creative Commons Attribution No Derivative Works license. this means, you can post Design Seeds, but you need to give attribution to Design Seeds and supply a link to the original post. No Derivative Works means that you cannot modify the image / palettes. you may not include Design Seeds in your online image boards, crop them, or add text to them.
- do you take the photos, if not where do you find them?
- i am not a photographer and leave photography in the hands of the experts. i purchase licenses for all images used in Design Seeds (this is why there are not visible credits or attribution links). sources are kept confidential to be able to continue to provide original content.
- i love this inspiration and it would work perfectly in my living room, can i purchase a print for my home?
- Design Seeds are created at 72dpi with dimensions ideal for online or digital use. select Design Seeds prints & products are available at the society6 shop.
- features & mentions
- Emerald Interview
- The Wedding Mile
- Huffington Post
- the Mod Cloth Blog
- Apartment Therapy
- Tangerine Tango
- Smashing Magazine
- Delish Magazine
- Emily Henderson
- USA TODAY
- MTV FORA
- Apartment Therapy
- Lamps Plus interview
- Apartment Therapy
- named a top Pinterest influencer by Mashable, Refinery29, & more...
Design Seeds® and the Design Seeds® logo are registered trademarks of Seed Design Consultancy LLC. All rights reserved.
Design Seeds® are protected by the Creative Commons Attribution, No commercial, No Derivative Works license.
Seed Design Consultancy LLC offers Design Seeds® as an inspiration tool and are not intended as an actual color specifier system. We do not take responsibility for any color shifts that occur in digital or printed forms. RGB values are generated through digital software, and accuracy may vary.
You may share Design Seeds® on your blog or site. To honor copyright, the images may not be modified, have graphics added, or collaged into an image board. Proper attribution should be given and reposted Design Seeds® inspiration needs to link back to the original post.
When hosting contests or challenges utilizing Design Seeds® as the inspiration palette, you may not call your challenge "The Design Seeds® Challenge" or use the Design Seeds® name in any form in the title. When posting or sharing how to use Design Seeds® as inspiration for art, crafts, or design the same holds true. You may reference Design Seeds® per conditions stated above.
You may use Design Seeds® colors in creating designs, illustrations, or crafts. However, you may not include Design Seeds® as part of the name or title.
The privacy of our visitors to design-seeds.com is important to us.
At design-seeds.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit design-seeds.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as Comcast or Charter), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
We use third party advertisements on design-seeds.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Policy Provided by JenSense