A Little About Me
This Is Me
i created the concept of Design Seeds in May of 2009 as a way to bring a unique approach to design blogging through my passion for color.
beginning in art school and throughout my design career, i have created color palettes while collecting inspiration in journals. Design Seeds are a modern interpretation of these original color journals.
my design experience extends beyond color. i graduated from the Center for Creative Studies with a BFA in Industrial Design. i have worked at companies including Ford, Reebok, & Timberland prior to "going on my own." through my consultancy Seed, i work with clients in a diversity of industries consulting on social media, brand, trend, color, and design.
it is a thrill to be able to share with you my journey and inspiration, thank you for exploring Design Seeds!
Frequently Asked Questions
- what is that color?
- HEX codes are available for all Design Seeds palettes. please check out "what's that color?" to learn how to find and utilize the HEX codes.
- what are the names of these colors?
- the colors i create for Design Seeds do not have names. this is because color names do not have a universal match across brands, color systems, or commodities.
- what paint brand are these chips?
- the color swatches created for Design Seeds do not directly correspond with a paint brand or color specifier system.
- what program do you use to make the palettes?
- all images are modified in Photoshop, and each palette swatch is mixed individually in Illustrator. to read more about my process, please check out "generating color?"
- i’m really bad at choosing colors, do you mind if i use some of your palettes?
- you may apply the colors to your projects. Design Seeds are meant to inspire, and you are welcome to use them for your designs, art, home remodel, crafts, or wedding palette.
- do you know of software where i can upload an image i like and a color palette is generated?
- although they exist, i am not a fan of palette generating software because they create subpar palettes. human talent and intuition cannot be duplicated by these programs. if you would like to see this illustrated, please check out "generating color?"
- can you create a palette using some of my favorite colors?
- i do not create palettes upon request. if you are looking for specific colors, please explore the thousands of available palettes by using the "see similar colors" option or the palette search page.
- can you help me choose a palette for my project (home or wedding)?
- although i would love to help all readers with their special projects or color challenges, i receive so many requests that i cannot consult on an individual basis.
- do you take the photos, if not where do you find them?
- i do not take the photos, and leave photography in the hands of the experts. i purchase licenses for all images used in Design Seeds (this is why there are not visible credits or attribution links). sources are kept confidential to be able to continue to provide original content.
- i would love an actual copy of one of your books (not an ebook). are they available in print?
- Design Seeds are only available as ebooks at this time (please check out the *shop* to explore the over 2 dozen available ebooks). to learn more about Design Seeds books, you can read more in this interview.
- i love this inspiration and it would work perfectly in my living room, can i purchase a print for my home?
- select Design Seeds prints & products are available at the society6 shop. as far as all other Design Seeds inspiration, they are created at 72dpi with dimensions ideal for online and digital use.
- i love the glasses in this photo, where can i buy them?
- products or materials seen in images are not from a retail website. it is unknown where photographers have purchased their props.
- can i post Design Seeds palettes on my blog?
- features & mentions
- Emerald Interview
- The Wedding Mile
- Huffington Post
- the Mod Cloth Blog
- Apartment Therapy
- Tangerine Tango
- Smashing Magazine
- Delish Magazine
- Emily Henderson
- USA TODAY
- MTV FORA
- Apartment Therapy
- Lamps Plus interview
- Apartment Therapy
- named a top Pinterest influencer by Mashable, Refinery29, & more...
Design Seeds® and the Design Seeds® logo are registered trademarks of Seed Design Consultancy LLC. All rights reserved.
Design Seeds® are protected by the Creative Commons Attribution, No commercial, No Derivative Works license.
Seed Design Consultancy LLC offers Design Seeds® as an inspiration tool and are not intended as an actual color specifier system. We do not take responsibility for any color shifts that occur in digital or printed forms. RGB values are generated through digital software, and accuracy may vary.
You may share Design Seeds® on your blog or site. To honor copyright, the images may not be modified, have graphics added, or collaged into an image board. Proper attribution should be given and reposted Design Seeds® inspiration needs to link back to the original post.
When hosting contests or challenges utilizing Design Seeds® as the inspiration palette, you may not call your challenge "The Design Seeds® Challenge" or use the Design Seeds® name in any form in the title. When posting or sharing how to use Design Seeds® as inspiration for art, crafts, or design the same holds true. You may reference Design Seeds® per conditions stated above.
You may use Design Seeds® colors in creating designs, illustrations, or crafts. However, you may not include Design Seeds® as part of the name or title.
The privacy of our visitors to design-seeds.com is important to us.
At design-seeds.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit design-seeds.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as Comcast or Charter), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
We use third party advertisements on design-seeds.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Policy Provided by JenSense